It is magnificent to get important tasks completed, so spring and take action now! People spend a lot of time managing their to-do lists. Trying to figure out what to put on the list, how to organize items on the list, and what to keep off the list. The thing people do not spend careful thought and attention on is actually completing the things on the list.
- an infant alive only minutes has a to-do list: eat, dirty diaper, cry
- toddlers have to-do lists: eat, play, drive parents crazy
- teenagers have to-do lists: eat, go to school, drive parents crazy, plan for future
- adults have to-do lists: work, take care of home, raise children, pay bills, take care of parents
- complete the items on the list
- cross the items off the list even if they haven’t been done and hope for the best
- do the easiest job first
- do the hardest job first
- first eat the frog
- attack the list by priority and importance
- do the job that generates the most return first
- prioritize tasks according to level of importance
- tackle tasks based upon due date
It does not matter what method you use for completing tasks, the most important part is the act of completion, not the completion method. When it comes to doing things on your to-do list if you do not have a favorite “get it done” method, start with the item at the top of the list and get it done. Once you have done this repeat this process until every item on the list is done. It will be hard and it will be time-consuming.
However, none of that matters. When it comes to dealing with the to-do list, life demands that you show up like a grown-up and get through the list. Grown-ups get done, what needs doing, even when it takes a long time, even when it is hard.
There are 3 lessons I have learned from people who refuse to TAN aka Take Action Now. A smart entrepreneur can learn something new every day if she tries. There are some people who take action now and get things done. Click here to read more.
Recently, I watched the Netflix movie, “The Harder They Fall” and it had three lessons for entrepreneurs. These lessons are: sometimes things are hard, you cannot sit around waiting for destiny, loyalty doesn’t last forever for everyone. Click here to read more.
Also, check out our Confidence Tip of the Day YouTube channel for hundreds of videos on creating the confidence you need to succeed.