Use technology to help you learn something new and helpful. If you have a smartphone, tablet device, or a laptop, you can learn whatever you want wherever you want.
In the palm of your hand, there is technology that can help you learn almost anything. I know it is a popular saying that “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” At the same time, in order to succeed, you must know things, educate yourself and continually update your knowledge base.
Once upon a time people thought of higher education or continuing education as something you had to leave your home to do. Then technology put minicomputers aka smart phones in the hand and pocket of almost every person in America. What this means is that instead of you going to the source of education, you can bring the education to you. This can be done via eBooks, independent online courses, open courseware and online courses at colleges and universities.
If you are a busy person with a lot of things you want to learn there are a great variety of places where you can go to learn them. One of the easiest places to learn new things is an old favorite – the local library. Many libraries offer e-books that you can borrow 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year. This free resource is an invaluable one that should not be overlooked. The ability to search for information online and have it delivered to any of your electronic devices when and where you please is an invaluable resource that you must take care to use early and often.
E-books, e-readers and e-reader apps which are readily available, are another great source of educational resources. These items provide books, textbooks, magazine and blogs in a format that can be delivered to your device of choice in mere moments. An advantage this resource has over the local library is that there are more things available and you can own them and keep them in your personal library for use at will.
If you want to read more about technology, check out:
Technology Tip – Use Your Phone as a Personal Organizer – It is terrific to know that you can use your phone as a personal organizer and keep your life in order. Click here to read more.
Also, check out our Confidence Tip of the Day YouTube channel for hundreds of videos on creating the confidence you need to succeed.
Another source of electronic educational resources are online courses such as:
- Coursera – which partners with top universities from across the country to provide free courses online
- edX – prides itself on offering real courses, amazing experiences that you can take on your own schedule and meet new friends via peer-to-peer social learning tools
- Open Culture – offers a variety of courses (approximately 1,100) in an amazing array of disciplines
- Academic Earth – which states it was created because every person deserves access to a world-class education
- MIT OpenCourseWare – one of the oldest sources of online college courses which gives users access to the same courses and information they would receive if they attended some of the nation’s finest colleges and universities
With all these options at your disposal there is no reason today cannot be the day you use your technology to learn something new. It is terrific to know that in the palm of your hand, there is technology that can help you learn almost anything. So, the question for you this terrific day is what new thing would you like to learn today?