Here is a new idea for some people, be grateful for work. Even if you hate your job and are on the way out, be grateful. It is a good thing to have work and the benefits it brings.
It is wonderful to have a new attitude and be grateful for work. At the start of the new year, people all around the world make resolutions, affirmations, and promises about what they will do differently in the new year. Many people who have jobs they do not like but must go to every day.
The reality for many people, this that they will be working at jobs they do not like for an extended period of time. The job will not change. However, these people do not have to continue to be miserable. They can make a change while working at the same time. What they can do is adopt an attitude of gratitude. They can start being grateful to have employment.
If you want to read more about succeeding on the job search, check out:
Commit to Taking the Job Search Seriously By Updating Your Resume – It is wonderful to commit to taking the job search seriously by updating your resume. Click here to read more.
Be Grateful for Your Job Even When it is Time to Go – when it is time to move on, still be grateful for the job you had. Click here to read more.
Also, check out our Confidence Tip of the Day YouTube channel for hundreds of videos on creating the confidence you need to succeed.
Ungrateful for work
- you start the day with a bad attitude
- each day you complain about having to go to work
- you show up at work just in time to start work before the supervisor begins to complain
- you make numerous personal calls throughout the day
- you complain about having to work
- you are reluctant to do any assignment without being asked repeatedly
- you spend work time on social media
- you end the day with a bad attitude
Grateful for work
- you start the day with a good attitude
- if you don’t have something nice to say about your job, you keep your mouth shut
- you show up each day early enough so that you are at your work station at start time, not at the front door
- you keep personal calls to a minimum
- you state you are happy to have a job to come to each day
- you do your assignments when asked and do them to completion
- you save your personal web browsing for home
- you end the day with a good attitude