I have been a technology lover for many years. I encourage you to use your technology in new ways that make your life better.
It is terrific to start using your technology to work smarter and not just harder.
Many people who think the secret to success is working hard at something repeatedly. While that is part of the secret to success, it is not the entire secret. Instead, the secret to success lies in worker smarter, not just harder. Working smart includes hard work, but the real secret to success is working smarter at whatever it is one chooses to do. In these modern days, one of the best things about work is that we have technology that can make us more efficient, more productive, and more successful if used correctly.
The best thing about the new technology we can use to work smarter is that it is smaller and easier to carry with us at all times. The average entrepreneur has a laptop computer, a tablet device, and a smartphone. It has become commonplace for example, to take laptop computers to business meetings and conferences to take notes. Instead, consider taking your tablet device with you to those meetings instead. After all, the tablet is smaller and easier to carry.
What you ask of your technology each day.
Entrepreneurs are tasked with many things over the course of the day. For example, one must save receipts, take notes at meetings, keep appointments, complete tasks, and review documents. All these things are made simpler with a few pieces of technology that easily fits in a pocket. For example:
1. Photograph Receipts – often it is the case that receipts are needed for returns, warranty service, bookkeeping, and tax purposes. When making purchases for your business, while still at the store, take a photograph of the receipt with your Smartphone. That way you have a copy of the receipt saved in case you need it later.
2. Record Meetings – problems often arise after meetings when there is a disagreement about what was said or the actions that should be taken. When you go to meetings, it is a good idea to use your tablet to record what takes place so that you can do the appropriate follow-up, complete the necessary tasks, and stay on point.
3. Keep Your Calendar – it is important to keep appointments and to not over or under-book appointments. Keeping your calendar on your Smartphone and tablet device always has it at your fingertips and is less likely to miss appointments. Be sure to look at your calendar before making appointments so that you keep everything running smoothly. Be sure to use a calendar program that syncs with your computer so that all your devices have up-to-the-minute information.
4. To Do List – keep your to-do list on your Smartphone and tablet device as well as your laptop computer. By keeping your to-do list readily accessible you are able to work on it from any location. It is also a great idea to have more than one copy so you are prepared even if one copy is lost or misplaced.
5. Review Docs Anywhere – it is important to download important documents to your Smartphone and tablet so that you can review them from any location. It is not uncommon for a business owner to find a need to review business documents at home while having a drink in a coffee shop or in the car on the way from one meeting to the next. By having the documents you need on your Smartphone or tablet device, they are easily available to read and review when needed.
Don’t just work hard, work smart!
Modern technology allows us to operate our businesses in a way that is smarter than possible in the past. It is important for us to take advantage of the advances in technology in order to work in a more efficient, more productive, and more successful manner. In conclusion, it is terrific to start using your technology to work smarter and not just harder. So, the question for you this terrific day is, how are you going to use your technology to work smarter and not just harder?