Make some plans and put them in writing because if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. So, take action now and start writing down your plans and then hold yourself accountable to get your plans done.
Almost all of us have heard someone say, “I don’t need to write it down, I will remember it.” Inevitably, life happens and the person forgets to do the thing that wasn’t written down. Some people get up in the morning and have great plans for how they will spend the day. According to their first thing in the morning plans, they are going to be productive, profitable, and happy. Then life happens.
The day starts off with the person putting out fires. All kinds of exciting things come up and the plans from first thing in the morning get pushed aside. Plans that were amazing in the morning are forgotten and cast aside for new things that come along. In most cases, this does not happen because the original plans were less important. In fact, in many cases, the plans from the morning are much more important than the things that took place during the day.
If this has ever happened to you, make a change and make tomorrow better than today. Here is a list you can use:
- Start off by putting your plans in writing. In the beginning, start by simply writing a list of what you would like to get done that day.
- Next, prioritize your list. No matter how long your list is, pick the three most important things and number them 1, 2, and 3.
- Work on items 1, 2, and 3 first – before you do anything else.
- Look at the remaining list and once again, pick the three most important things and number them 1, 2, and 3. Work on these items next.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 all day long.
- As new things come up, add them to your to-do list. When you do, prioritize the new items when it comes time to prioritize things.
- Once you get used to doing steps 1 through 6, start looking at your list at the end of each day and set the priority for the next day. That way you can start the day moving and acting.
Take Action Now and Get Healthy All Over– While it is important to have good physical health, we must also strive to have good health mentally, emotionally, sexually, spiritually, and financially. Click here to read more.
Inspiration – Find it and Use it to Take Action Now When you know what inspires you, y ou can use it to take action now and get things done. Click here to read more.
One of the beautiful things about this method is that you are planning and taking control of your to-do list. This is much better than being whipped to and fro by life.
The next step is to hold yourself accountable. When you label your tasks, 1, 2, and 3, make sure you get those things done before you move on to other projects and other to-do items. Show yourself good friendship by following your priority list. Keep your word to yourself. When you say to yourself that you are going to complete items 1, 2, and 3 hold yourself accountable for getting those items done.
Let today be the day you start putting your plans in writing, prioritizing them, and holding yourself accountable to get things done. So, the question for you this terrific day is are you going to start writing your plans with pen and paper or typing them into your favorite device?