There are always articles, television stories, and radio programs all about organization and secret tips for getting organized. I am not ashamed to admit that I have checked out my fair share of them and I have walked away discouraged. When I look at the before pictures in magazines or on television shows, I wish my after shots would look that good!
I want some organizing tips for a woman like me, a work-at-home wife and mom with four active kids. I have never found any tips that would work for my household, so in the spirit of necessity being the mother of invention, I have created my own organizing plan for work-at-home mothers.
To read more about love and family, check out the following:
A Family Game – You can find serenity in learning that it can be really fun to create a family game. Click here to read more.
I never would have thought I would hear the best pick-up line ever while reading the “Communist Manifesto.” Click here to read more.
Also, check out our Confidence Tip of the Day YouTube channel for hundreds of videos on creating the confidence you need to succeed.
If this is the case, suck it up and move on. Reality may mean you work your business after putting one set of kids on the school bus and before another set gets off the school bus. My big secret for getting organized is: get real and start working with the life you have, not the life you want to have.
- admit that perfect is not necessary, good is good enough
- stop caring what the neighbors’ houses look like, and take care of your own
- make realistic work hours that fit your actual home
- get the whole family involved in keeping things organized
- put things away as you go along, not later
- make cleaning up a daily routine and get the whole family involved by making it fun – a 30 second tidy up period